NEW ALBUM AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 7th
“Like gun powder and opium ”
— Ray Wylie Hubbard, Austin, TX
Acclaimed raconteur Ray Bonneville strips his bluesy Americana to its essentials and steeps it in the humid grooves of the South, creating a compelling poetry of hard living and deep feeling. His ninth release, At King Electric, delivers more than his trademark grit and groove. Rich guitar and harmonica lines resonate over spare but spunky rhythms, while Bonneville’s deep, evocative voice confesses life’s harsh realities. Whether performing solo or fronting a band, playing electric or acoustic guitar, Bonneville allows space between notes that adds potency to every chord, lick, and lyric. Often called a “song and groove man,” he began writing his own music after two decades working as a studio musician, playing rowdy rooms with blues bands, and living hard. He’s since released nine albums, won Canada’s Juno Award and other prestigious honors, earned wide critical acclaim, and garnered an enthusiastic following in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
“His mastery of the blues with his resonant harmonic fills, jagged-edged fingerpicking and gravel road vocals provide the perfect vehicle for ten original songs that articulate his carefully shaped imagery...”
— Robert H. Cataliotti, Living Blues Magazine, August 2018
"Few can ride a groove like Canada-born, U.S. raised Ray Bonneville."
- 2000 Juno Award Winner for Best Blues Album
- The Blues Foundation 2012 International Blues Challenge Solo Champion
- 2008 International Folk Alliance's Song of the Year I Am The Big Easy
- Played South by Southwest, Folk Alliance, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival & Montreal International Jazz Festival
- Shared bills with Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Dr. John, J.J. Cale & Robert Cray
- Played on albums by Mary Gauthier, Gurf Morlix, Eliza Gilkyson, Ray Wylie Hubbard & others
"A master of the slow burn, the gentle funk, the infectious rhythm."
The Ottawa Citizen